Design and build your very own bespoke log cabin
At Log Cabins Factory Direct we pride ourselves on sourcing the highest quality cabins and freshest designs. However we appreciate that an off the shelf model is not always suitable for every application.
Perhaps the ideal place for your log cabin is just slightly too small for our standard models or you require separate storage areas within your building; this is not an issue for us.
The process for design of a bespoke log cabin is as follows
- First we recommend contacting us to discuss the purpose of your cabin. For example, are you intending to use the cabin the year round? Will it be for guest accomodation?
- Our sales team will take into account whether you may require a twin skin cabin, or if you require a thicker wall profile. They might recommend whether you need floor and roof insulation.
- In some cases we will arrange a site visit to check the area and to meet with you to discuss in person your bespoke cabin needs.
- We then draw a sketch to show the overall dimensions including height. At this stage it is worth considering whether you would require the building to be under 2.5m, to adhere to planning permission.
- This sketch gets sent to the manufacturer, who will then draw a more detailed technical drawing. We send this drawing to you to review. At this stage it is imperative to review the plans very carefully before signing them off.
- Once the design is agreed, you will receive a formal quote which will break down the prices. This allows for transparency within the quote, and if you wish to remove items this is more often than not easily done at this stage.
- To proceed with the order we require a 50% deposit on the price of the building. Payment can be made by cheque, card, BACS or cash.
- From the point of order the lead-time is typically eight weeks, however this can increase during our busy periods.
The manufacture and build process
Our log cabins are manufactured in Northern Europe using CNC machinery, which ensures precision. If you have decided to do your own base we recommend using professionals to ensure that the base is perfectly flat & level for your bespoke log cabin.
Before your cabin arrives, we recommend using this time to browse the Protek Royal Exterior colour chart to pick one that suits your garden.
Once the cabin arrives it will be delivered by an 11m long lorry with HIAB crane. Our install team will arrive shortly after to construct any base and finally assemble your bespoke log cabin.
Treating your cabin is vital, and this should be done as soon as possible after installation. We recommend a good coat of Protek Wood Preserver, followed by three coats of Royal Exterior. We will be producing an in-depth guide to care and maintenance of your cabin